Dry and Sensitive Skincare products



Do you know what face skin type that you are having? I used to know mine from a beautician who used a machine to analyse my skin indepth.


*Don't freak out, I had add FX effect photo editing to show you the freckles and large pore issue.
So what's the routine for dry sensitive skin? What's the trend nowadays?
The whole skincare collection: I prefer gel/ water based type cause cream base makes me feel oily and greasy. Remember that even if your skin is dry, adding the normal foam cream doesnt mean your skin adapt to it.

  1. Cleansing
  2. Toner/ milk lotion
  3. Serum
  4. Moisturizer

Remember those days where you will be dilemma if this meant for day, that meant for night? I mean if I have to buy so many products, it will be crazy.

I would prefer one brand specifically for day or night usage instead.

Remember when your beautician will keep telling you to come back for facial cause your face have wrinkles, blackheads, large pores, freckles, pimples, etc? Well, you are not the only one facing this problem. All of us, Asian women has the same problem!

So what's the solution. Just invest to a good brand, keep doing your skincare routine, almost everyday, and you might just skip the facial treatment, well, at least, you don't need to go for facial every month!

There are the skincare and make up brand that I like:
Skincare

  • Hada labo
  • Cetaphil
  • Kiehl's
Cosmetic
Maybeline

Facial Mask
  • Bioaqua
  • E-pure
  • Laneige

###


HADALABO






I have been switching to Hadalabo for many years. I still remember those years teenage dreams, I will be using Hazeline Snow Moisturising Cream (hardly see any in store) and later on SIMPLE brand.


SIMPLE is actually very good but I realise it doesnt suit me when my skin condition changed, due to hormone changes and aging.


So, I was in between other commercials brands, such as EVER SOFT, SAFI, etc. And lastly, I go for Hadalabo.


Hadalabo contains this skincare ingredients- Super Hyaluronic Acid, which forms a moisture-locking film for long-lasting skin hydration. HADALABO uses different types of hyaluronic acid, with different molecule sizes, to deeply, completely moisturise and lock in hydration at every layer of your skin.

HADALABO has so many collections that I am wondering which suit me. https://hadalabo.com.my/collection


Hence, I browse through their website and use their virtual beauty advisor test: https://hadalabo.com.my/analysis


HADALABO current series:
  • Kouji - prevent premature ageing due to loss of hydration.
  • Hydrating - 4 types of hyaluronic acid
  • Premium Hydrating - 5 types of hyaluronic acid
  • Premium Whitening - Tranexamic Acid's triple brightening
  • Sensitive Hydrating - triple protection and can soothe redness
  • Blemish + Oil control - Restore your skin's natural oil-water balance. Fight blemishes, soothe redness.
  • AHA + BHA - radiant, egg-smooth skin. mild exfoliating to clarify, brighten and promote skin renewal. Wash off dead skin cells, so that your skin don't look dull.
  • Lifting + Firming - anti-aging combination of Collagen, Elastin and 4 types of Hyaluronic Acid.
  • Perfect Series - Rich gel formulas provide intense moisturizing power





As you can see, I have decided to buy their AHA + BHA since it helps to renew my skin, egg-smooth skin, volla! They do have the normal foam cream, but as mentioned I prefer to be not so creamy, there fore I like their pump foam type.

I also bought my usual HADA LABO HYDRATING LOTION (RICH) to replace toner. A rich, essence-type lotion with 4 types of Hyaluronic Acid in perfect ratio to absorb, lock-in, store and replenish water.

HADA LABO HYDRATING WATER GEL will be my favourite moisturizer. A refreshing, breathable ultralight gel with botanical extracts. Delivers an instant surge of hydration and non-greasy comfort.


CETAPHIL






One of the pharmacy staff also recommends Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser gently cleans and moisturises without stripping skin’s natural oils. This soap- and fragrance-free formulation has won numerous awards from beauty industry insiders and the healthcare community. It is formulated to work for all skin types, even for babies and very sensitive skin. It’s the dermatologist-trusted cleanser for healthy and beautiful skin.

But, since I do not feel that I have too serious sensitive skin like reddish and hot rashes, I didn't use this, but who knows? one day I shall try.





My girlfriend told me KIEHL'S is also a very good skincare brand. Kiehl's heritage as an old-world apothecary in NYC's East Village. Since 1851, we have been serving customers our Finest Apothecary Skincare.






The current top 10 selling items under kiehl's.



SERUM





I start to panic when I detected freckles and spots on my face! But I used to buy Garnier dark spot corrector, and of course, it doesn't help much. Some mommies would say, just go for laser treatment to reduce freckles, but I am afraid to do so.

This is when the conversation goes to Vitamin C serum, where it went like a must-have serum. Also when I search at Shopee, the top two most selling serum is: Vitamin C and Pore shrinking.






Browse through shopee and see vitamin c serum is one of the top selling products. the famous brand in Malaysia is GARNIER. Garnier top selling is SAKURE WHITE and its Garnier Light Complete Vitamin C Booster Serum 30ml. 

The most concentrated brightening formula with the highest-ever 30X* Vitamin C & Japanese Yuzu Lemon. This fast absorbing serum works deep** to lighten dark spots and acne marks. With regular use, skin is smoother, brighter, more translucent.

Review: Trying out vitamin c serum since it's one of the top selling item. Very nice lemon smell, 2 drops can cover whole fist surface. A little bit sticky though. Careful packaging.


So, my mom says: "What Vitamin C serum? If brightening means whitening products." And yeah, in order to reduce freckles and dark spots, we need to whiten the whole face to reduce the dark spots!



Browse more and you will see cheaper deals from china brand for the Vitamin C serum. The top selling are two brands - LAIKOU and BREYLEE.

The only con is that their serums are in very small volume, like just 17ml? I wonder how many times I need to buy/ apply to see the results.

BREYLEE - Received the serum in good condition. Seems very classy and breylee is one of the top china brand for serum. Mild scent, enriched but fully absorbed. Non sticky. Hopefully got results. Best is english description and got qr code to check authenticity.

LAIKOU - To compare laikou with breylee, laikou packaging seems to be lower quality compared with Breylee. I think both are competing as they are selling similar serums.

I have been trying for 2 weeks, and I notice my skin was slightly brighter and fairer, haha...but the spots are still there.

like is it Authentic? Effective? Trying and i dunno yet.. But the good thing is.. The serum is really fully absorbed into the skin and lock down the moisture.

Do you have the same question like me? Like, can we mix the serum to use? which serum is ideal for morning, which is for night?

Can you mix serum? Yes, not more than 2 serum types. https://circcell.com/blogs/journal/get-the-most-out-of-your-skincare-routine-layering-and-alternating

When should we use the Vitamin C serum? We should use Vitamin C at night, because Vitamin C is sensitive and not effective to daylights.

Vitamin c, morning or night? https://www.100percentpure.com/blogs/feed/vitamin-c-serum-for-day-or-night

Freckles, spots, wrinkles.. All need time! What do you use then? Do share more beauty brands that suit my skin!

Facial Mask



Bioaqua - china top brand facial mask. Sells like less than RM0.50 per pieces at shopee.
Soothing Bioaqua Serum enriched with fruit stem cell complex, rose stem cells, and rosewater instantly hydrates and replenishes, soothes, nourishes and protects skin's own moisture barrier for a beautiful complexion.





E-pure - No paper mask anymore. Try this ePure Membranous Jelly Masque. Developed by the renowned Dr. Yulong Moy from USA. This unique mask retains 70% more moisture than other paper mask, and it INSTANTLY brighten up your skin 1 tone fairer.

My previous ePure review: 


https://jesonestop.blogspot.com/2017/05/epure-jelly-masque-review.html




Laneige Sleeping Mask - Again, everyone go crazy when we were shopping in Korea back in 2018. We buy back so many water sleeping mask, because it is cheaper in Korea.

Overnight mask that gives the skin a lively, well-rested appearance the next morning thanks to its Sleep-tox™ purifying effect.

Four advantages of Laneige Water Sleeping Mask!
Is your skin getting the rest it deserves? The secret to well-rested skin lies in night skincare.

1. Skin purifying effect: SLEEP-TOX™ technology purifies skin during sleep, keeping it in optimum condition

2. Skin moisturizing: MOISTURE WRAP™ helps skin retain moisture throughout the night

3. Skin soothing: contains skin-soothing agents that are gentle on sleeping skin, helping it recover overnight

4. Aromatic SLEEPSCENT™ helps you relax during sleep. I super love their special edition Lavender.

Cosmetic





Maybeline - As for cosmetic, I have tried Silky Girl, and In2It, and in the end, I still use back Maybeline due to its international branding recognition and the products are under good QC. you can tell when you tried other brands at same price, but eyeliner breaks easily, didnt smudge on the make up good enough on the face, etc.






Google and receive many great reviews on Maybelline FIT ME® MATTE + PORELESS FOUNDATION. Want the perfect foundation fit? It's all about matching skin tone and texture. Mattifying liquid formula ideal for normal to oily skin.

I do know the trend now is lips matte, but I still enjoy using lip gloss shiny style. Most of the time, I will prefer shiny glossy lipgloss still. Hard to find lipgloss in store, probably not a hot-selling thingy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner