TAFT The Artisan Food Trail - Fresh homemade chilli padi belacan by Dapur Sainer





*announcement: Our new address :
32, Persiaran Ampang, Taman UThant, 55000 Kuala Lumpur

Our Business Hours : 
12:00noon to 10.00pm
Wednesday-Monday (Closed on Tuesday)

Hope to see you soon 😘


Much LOVE
Adilah and Taft -The Rock Chili Queen Team
💀🌶👑



###

14 June 2019 - this time I ordered their top spiciest pasta the fiery hot level! 

So besides having the swollen lips, the later stage was totally numb, sweat, and warm stomach. 

Basically my hubby was being grumpy scolding me for eating spicy belacan pasta again, saying I'm mad... But I was in a semi numb situation and I can't listen what he said after all. 😅😂

The best part is when the chef, waitress, restaurant owner both have the eyes to see how I finish their spicy pasta as i take up the challenge. 😲😳 This is the icon. 

One of the waitress just waited I drink up one pint of cold beer, waiting for my signal to order another beer to settle off the spiciness in my mouth. 


28 April 2019 - I am so eager to share this food experience ever since I miss out my foodie blog like for 6 months at least catching up all my social media content services.

I have heard of TAFT by my gf Ros, but little did I know that this modern malay mix fusion cuisine was located at the quiet first floor of M city, Ampang. (quiet as most of the shops are yet to be rent out).

As the ground floor is being busy with Village Grocer, Shucked, Burger Kings, F45 HIIT workout place, and most of them are middle eastern outlets operating.

Having TAFT in Ampang shows that A modern chic Malay restaurant is ought to showcase its utmost glory, as most of the local restaurants here are the normal mamak and traditional warung style.




A lifestyle restaurant bar offering local homemade sauces, chilli oil and condiments done by Chef Adilah from her DAPUR SAINER, offering 5 different types:

1. Gourmet Chilli Kering Oil

2. Gourmet Chilli Padi Oil

3. Gourmet Chilli Belacan Oil

4. Gourmet Pickled Habanero Chillies

5. Gourmet Pickled Petai and Chillies





So the kids ordered their beef Bolognese spaghetti RM22 (Oh yeah, my chef says the real Bolognese actually is using only beef, not like others meat like chicken etc) For this, their local Malay chef adds in the frozen vegetable cubes: peas, carrots, corns, which I personally like it, cause the kids got to eat vegetables instead of picking all the greens and put aside.





And next, I myself decided to go for their TAFT hot's cook signature - Prawn black ink spaghetti - *quite spicy* category: Chilli Padi/ Chilli Belacan Oil RM35

I was about to order the spiciest - Fiery hot sauce, but the waitress asked: "Are you sure?" Haha! Okay, better don't fool my tummy and I might end up going to the toilet non-stop!

So what's special is that the chef blended the squid ink spaghetti perfectly with their homemade chilli paste. their squid ink spaghetti is pretty good dry pasta I have tried so far in KL. (The best, of course, it's when I tried the squid ink pasta in Italy)




It is matchmaking heavenly delicious spicy pasta (but I still can take it). chef grilled 3 fresh tiger prawns on it. It was all nicely done.



Last but not least, it is my first experience to enjoy fresh beer draught (half or 1 full pint RM21) of fresh beer as I enjoy local spicy pasta. (that's why we need the beer to cool down our tongue)

Although their signature is the spicy spaghetti, and also I notice almost all the visuals in the cafe are chillis, haha, I would like to try and see how the Malay food taste likes.




For me, deep house music, the kids play the phone, I chill with a fresh beer draught that was a cool weekend vibe.

Oh yeah, waiter recommends me also spaghetti can be add on with ayam goreng kunyit if you don't like seafood or allergic to seafood.



Also having to say, TAFT offers their venue by hosting stand up comedian show every last Saturday of the month, to show support of the great local comedian artist in Malaysia. And the entry fees are around RM40 (from the poster).

Their waiters are always smiling and attend to my help when I am in need...feeling so great.



To comment on the bill, I would say don't compare TAFT with the traditional Malay restaurant, as they give you the value of the food and environment.



TAFT, a modern Malay Western casual dining experience. Fresh Homemade chilli paste. Modern chic music, relaxing atmosphere.



###

https://www.facebook.com/TAFTtheartisanfoodtrail/

To order homemade belacan: https://www.facebook.com/dapursainer/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner