Village Sang Nyuk Noodle - Sabah 生肉面, Pandan Jaya







6 Oct 2018 - Thought to give this shop a try since it mentions that they serve authentic Sabah pork noodle. Although I have never tried a good sabah pork noodle in Sabah, let us see if their pork noodle can suit the local KL city tastebud.


Googled and read somewhere that Sang Nyuk Mee is “invented” in Tawau in 1979. One of the best Sang Nyuk Mee is sold at Kedai Kopi Jia Siang (家香生肉麵), a Chinese coffee shop in Lintas Plaza, Kota Kinabalu.


.

Their menu is pretty straight forward, showing RM 6.50 / RM7 for one decent bowl of sang yuk noodle.




Fresh thinly sliced pork meat as per they say - Sang Nyuk 生肉, adding the meat with some corn flour, so that it feels smooth texture from the outside. tasty pork broth with pork slices, meatballs and internal organs. If you ask me what's the difference with our local pork noodles soup, it will be the thinly sliced pork, because most of the time, the local pork noodle seller will add in minced pork meat, pork balls, internal organs, and normal pork meats (not thin).

Their cuttlefish pork balls was flavorful and chewy type, meanings real meat, instead of more flour, but of course don't expect you able to taste any bites of cuttlefish. they order from the supplier of course, not handmade.

If you ask me whether I am fascinated or impressed with their Sabah noodle, the answer is NO.

Cause it makes not much difference than our typical delicious local KL pork noodle.

Their homemade Sabahan chilli sauce is super sour, probably too much lemon or vinegar. with the fresh chillcoloursrs like this, probably they are using similar to pan mee chilli sauces, blending the red chillies and garlics, etc.




Coffee wise, too much ice and sweet, but not that bad. Still have the local coffee beans taste, like those Ipoh/ Hainan coffee.

TERRIBLE STAFF EXPERIENCE

There is no local chinese operator to be seen at all. Their staffs are all foreigners, almost operating the shop like a deadfish. I was with my kid alone, and they don't even bother to attend to me, ask me to go and take the babychair myself.

All the foreigners staff walk around like super busy and lifeless face expression. None of them smile, as if they are so numb to come to work everyday.

This is probably because you dont have any proper local boss or a serious supervisor to overlook the whole place.

The worst part is I wasn't informed that if I order their handmade noodle (like springy maggie mee look), I have to add on RM0.50-1, just show me a small note at the cashier counter.

I was alone with my kid, they dont bother to come and collect money. Ask me to go to cashier counter instead. you know how handsful or busy when a single adult handling the kid nowadays?

And upon returning my balance of my money, I was holding my kids just like 2 feets away from the cashier, do you know how the staff react? She just puts back my leftover money at the cashier counter, and go attend other customers.

What?! Owner, don't your staff have some sense of mind? or courtesy at least just pass the money to me on my hand, when I am only 2 feets away?

What kind of service is this?


Village Sang Nyuk Noodle 生肉面
3, Jalan Pandan 3/3, Pandan Jaya, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Closed on wednesday
Open from Mon, Tues, Thurs - Sun 8am - 4pm
https://goo.gl/maps/MKLVZbSGsk42

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner