Madam Kwan klcc - Food culture shock

21 Jan 2018 - Flashed back and I recalled that my last stop at Madam Kwan (different branch) was back in 2016. Seems there is not much choices of nice food at KLCC. Given the full crowd over the weekends. I decided to stop by Madam Kwan KLCC for a shot.


The whole menu is full of Madam Kwan passion, her story and also her signature. I remembered the teh tarik was so sweet till lost the taste of the real milk tea. But, I give a try to order again.


Teh tarik is still that sweet, adding on the sweet biscuit next to it. Two foreigner staffs which approach me for food order, doesn't know what I am saying, be it English or Malay. I have requested for kurang manis, but the sweetness is crazy. I think I will get diabetic in a short period of time, if I drink the same teh tarik everyday. Oh ya, could't taste the tea at all :(


Has this dumpling wonton mee. This was okay, especially for my kids, as children shouldn't take too much salt. The dumplings are fresh, as you can feel the texture of one big fresh prawns, vegetables an chicken meat. Also, with such size, it won't be get where else, not those frozen dumpling supplier.
I hate wonton noodle as it has the preservatives smell and I don't really like yellow noodles. But, for this, Madam Kwan offers springy thin special wonton noodles, compared with the normal noodle supplier. Again, this is not the general noodles. For this, it is a great noodle soup. Of course, it is just a simple clear soup base, probably chicken soup with salt.


And it shows as one of the top signature order. A far cry out. Totally tasteless, also there is no wok hei. I couldn't finish the whole plate, too oily, and no taste. No doubt such a big plate, they offer you many different kinds of chicken, sotong, squid, etc. But I am not sure what happened, perhaps chef has its bad days, I noticed Madam Kwan still has local Chinese chef to monitor the QC or cook the food at least. It was a total let down.

A min spending of RM 15-20 per dish, and RM5-10 for some local made drinks. The only reason I can tell myself, the reason why the diners storm int Madam Kwan is because of the local familiarization of the local food, but the standard of the cooking or the taste weren't shown as per what it meant or presented in the menu, or as per Madam Kwan vision. In an established f&b or its franchise business, QC is so important to produce good food with good taste. Bear in mind it is not about eating cheap or my expectation is high....just that, the taste was blanch.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner