Vegetarian cuisine in The Origin, Ampang

2 August 2015 - It was a lazy evening after walking in the Ampang Hilir park. Wondering where should I and baby going for a light dinner, we decided to go to The Origin Cafe.





Air-conditioned, spacious, dimmed light, where you feel very comfortable to dine in. The cook is a lovely Chinese aunty, and I think some of the staffs are her relatives.


In The Origin, you get to enjoy lots of healthy fruit juices, fruit tea, organic teas, organic coffee. As for food, they also serve local favourites such as Asam Laksa, Nasi Lemak, Spaghetti, Cheese Rice, snacks like sandwiches and Soya Nuggets. They have a great variety of creative and tasty dishes made from vegetables, organic vegetables and tofu, fresh mushrooms, soy-based vegetarian meat, and much more.

Well, their menu is full of choices. So if you are coming here, browsing through the menu yet undecided, ask the friendly staff to recommend you some of their signature dishes.




I and baby are getting hungry!



I was fascinated with this aloe vera and chia seeds pudding. Refreshing, dense small crunchy poppy chia seeds, it helps me to cool my body down immediately.




Next, I ordered its herbal soup mee hoon. This was okay, probably I am not a fan of mee hoon, I do love mee sua, but they don't have mee sua. Well, they use herbs powder to make the soup, so this is like a bowl of instant herbal soup noodles for me. Just like as you taste the herbs along with mushrooms, vegetables, and vegetarian meat.

I have been here few times, so I do recommend their proper chinese dishes, and the aloe vera pudding. For me, the ala carte mee hoon herbal soup and their fruit juices are average.


###


The Origin Cafe Restaurant - Vegetarian Restaurant
http://originvegcafe.com/

Add: No 8, Jalan 1/67B, Off Jalan Mengkudu, Ampang, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hours: Tue-Sun: 11:30 am - 3:30 pm; 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm, closed on Monday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner