Foodgasm Festival 2015 in Dataran PJ and A&W fan

1 Nov 2015 - I was excited when I saw this new festival, my favourite word - FOOD.

And then I saw the event, as per the invitation:


Now, you see that Malaysia event organizers are getting more and more creative. We will have something to celebrate almost everyday, despite those normal festive season. Now, we have so many special non-religious festivals, and other new days like no-bra day,haha..untill I don't even know which event should I go first.

And as you can see the event invitation was of course tempting. I bring my whole family to go to the event, dying to go there to buy lots of food and drinks.

We reached around 10am, looking for parking for 2 rounds, because everyone occupied almost every single side parking that they can find. Finally, we parked in a parking building of a market or food court, it was located near to Waikiki bar area.

And with my baby, we walked all the way to Foodgasm, Dataran PJ.

Super super huge dissapointment. 


Okay, you say bad weather, muddy grass. I don't blame you alright, it is the weather, not the organizer purposely ask for rain.

crowded, long queue, and you mentioned bringing picnic mat, and all your funky funky really picnic stylo stuff. 

Sighed, not even a proper place to place a mat. everyone just sit whatever places that they could and just eat take-away food and drinks.

Can you tell me what are the differences of Foodgasm with Ramadhan pasar malam? Well, I do understand street food, but this is like 99% all local street food like a massive night market/ pasar malam.

We didn't visit any of the bazaar/ stalls as the muddy ground, long queue, and inconvenience to bring my baby around. Lucky enough, you are kind-hearted to have the modern food truck at the roadside, away from the muddy grass. 


And luckily, some proper food from the modern food truck. So I get to enjoy 'Thyme Out' mexican food, and its fresh orange juice. I don't expect much as it is such a big crowd, little staff, and many people were waiting for the fresh mexican food.

Anyway, it was not that bad, but not the best. Too salty.


And we are so fed up with the whole concept, except these cute backdrop, where I have time to take photo with my family.



We cannot take it anymore, so we moved on to the A&W, to get some cool air.

The A&W outlet near to Dataran PJ was crazy, the queue was so long. Luckily, we remembered there's another hidden A&W outlet near to our multi-level public parking.

So we get to sit down, and I ordered my most favorite- A&W root beer, curly fries, and ice-cream waffle. Ended too much ice-cream, fotgot they put ice-cream float in the root beer as well.

But  my husband doens't really like the A&W rootbeer, which is why maybe, why we know that the outlets are almost vanished in klang valley, perhaps A&W should propose/ suggest other drinks as alternatives to those who don't take root beer.





After chilling out in A&W with its air-conditioned environment, we headed over to Tanjung Sepat to visit temple and to enjoy seafood lunch.

Perhaps, Foodgasm, you should control the quality of your event? 
A&W can propose other softdrinks or other drinks too!

Foodgasm Festival Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/foodgasmfest

Were you there in the festival? Do share your thoughts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner