|Satu Malaysia Kolam Decoration, at KL KTM|
Many people might know Deepavali is a celebration of the Hindus, one of the tribes of Indian, but many people do not know how Deepavali comes from. Have you heard of how Lord Krishna killed Narakasura? The story leads to why oil lamp was lighted in the house, to know more, see this link:-
To know more, check out the link:-
What we can see during Deepavali:-
1. Blessing- Yellow or purple angpow packet with some dollar notes inside to be given to the children or the unmarried people.
|Angpow Packet for Deepavali|
2. Clothes - the Hindus will be wearing their traditional Indian costumes, most of them will be wearing new clothes like pretty Saree with amazing silk work; men might be putting on just the casual clothes.
|Very well done Saree|
3. Family gatherings- Laughter of the kids, the reunion and gathering of the families.
|peaceful, joy, happiness|
4. Food - Smell of curry and hot spices will be coming out from the houses.
|yummy, and hungry for it?|
5. Marriage - If marriage occurred in conjunction with Deepavali, the bridegrooms will accept the wedding gifts from the in law families.
|Indian wedding ceremony|
|I will marry you....|
6. Oil bath – also known as "ganga-snanam”, as in to believe to wash off all the pasts.
7. Oil lamp - During deepavali, we will start seeing most of the houses are lighted up with oil lamps, to show that light in the dark.
|you light up my life....|
8. Rangoli or Kolam - so creative and colorful; some of them were even decorated along with the Diya Lights (Hindu Candles).
|the three eyes within the rainbow|
|beautiful nicely done, just using colors of rice?|
|as proud as a peacock, one malaysia!|
9. Snacks-Spicy or crunchy tidbits like Murukku, Pagoda, Accu Murukku will sure be appetizing for you.
To all my Indian or Hindus friends, I am glad you bring your culture into Malaysia and the world, where once again, we respect each other culture, and be blessed to know all of you.
|Brickfield, the city of the Indians|
Happy Deepavali! Deepavali Valthukkal!
|kolam or rangoli|
|kolam with the lamp|
|city of the special culture|
|nicely done to improve Brickfields|
|see the flowers on the roads at the lamp posts?|
|take care, i shall see you again!|
Oh yeah, wait wait, hold your horse and your brake, I would like to share with you a restaurant which it has been always my dream destination and I will not sick of going there again and again. The name is……
Add: 114 Jalan Berhala, Brickfields, 50470 Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2272 3799
Link about Annalakshmi:
You know why I will fall in love with Annalakshmi? Very simple: - we pay on our own will with any amount of money, we give out the money generously, no stress on who is going to pay the bill and the food is really good.
You might have doubts, pay at any amount after eating so much, or maybe the decoration of the restaurant is so nice till you cannot believe this is what people said?
Believe it or not, it is true, and the service is very good, but of course please wear tidy clothes and not too casual. You will sure love the place!
Hey ya! Thanks for dropping by....do you have any comments or thoughts after reading my blog? I always love 2-way communication, do leave a comment in the comment box below, alright? Thanks!
Enjoy Life in Good Ways,