The hut kebab restaurant at mcity Ampang

11 March 2018 - Kebab Arabian or middle Eastern cuisine is not something new in Kuala Lumpur, as we have so many Muslim friends in home grown Malaysia. My first attempt on trying out Miidle Eastern food was at  Al Rawsha kl, Kampong Pandan where it is my first try on their hummus, chick peas with sesame, lemon and olive oil. 

I also remembered some of the middle eastern restaurant don't really cook that well, I assume it falls into the chef cooking skill.


So we stop by The Hut, which is located at M City Ampang. A small 500-600 sqft and with 5 tables. Bright yellow 'bee' color approach.


What makes me wonder is always their grilled meat which are tender and savoury. Always comes with a mini green salad, their pita bread. What I am curious is how did the meat taste better than our normal satay? I mean what did they do? Marinate the lean meat overnight? No fats, yet not chewy like a chunk of chicken breasts? Well, only the chef knows, foodies tend to taste and guess.




Here come my favourite hummus with olive oil in the middle. Hummus always remind me as the 'ashtray' , haha! chickpeas puree, garlic, tahini and olive oil. google and read that basically they prepare the ingredients and blend them in food processor. Don't ask me why they choose to put olive oil in the middle.



Okay, again here comes the famous kebab. Again, the meat texture was well done with their wood oven grilling method and also the  meat, be it chicken, beef, and lamb, are often skewered and grilled as kebabs. The best is I am always amazed that any Middle Eastern restaurant that prepare their meat using Shawarma. I was like palms down, I am in.

The only downside is they keep serving french fries along with the set meal. Which I think it is applicable more towards unhealthy fast food concept. I rather they do not serve french fries but probably alternative healthy mashed potatoes or something, but what I know is everytime, the must food items is: Shawarma, pita bread and hummus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner