Top websites to sell preloved / new items online (Malaysia)

April 2019 - Hi, reporting here immediately since I am doing spring cleaning and also some selling items. I do have relatives or me myself trying to think how to sell things they do not want via online. So there are some pros and cons I used for these few websites:

So based on the same time I upload photos, description, and till I get buyers, here are some useful websites/ ways for me to sell things online:


MUDAH.MY

This is the fastest portal for me to get buyers. I believe due to the huge database and they have a very niche search engine.

CONS: Very fast immediate buyer, most items I manage to sell online is successful.

Pros:

  • Need wait for Mudah.my admin to approve the items to go live.
  • If you reveal your whatsapp number, got all these weirdos from overseas are trying to scam you. act like they are interested to buy your items, and then claim will arrange someone to do the pick up and ensure they will pay you first. So they will ask for your email address, office address, etc.
  • And then it will come the same bullshit like kastam block payment etc, and make sure you end up pay scammers money, etc etc. To stop these people keep whatsapp you and act like they are interested buyers, just hide your whatsapp number in the ad.
  • Have to click 1 photo at a time to upload. If you allow us to drag all photos and upload one short, that will be good.
  • Their category dropdown is quite fixed. I will suggest if there's first at least a keyword search for us to insert the category, that will be better, cause it takes time to scroll and see which match my item.
  • maximum only can upload 5 photos
  • sometimes, we don't know why the post will be put under which category. Even if after putting, I will just receive an auto email message stating I enter wrong category, but they didn't mentioned which is the right category.



CAROUSELL


PROS: This is pretty easy, have your photos in their square form. Best part if I can drag all photos one short, for posting.
I receive inquiries, but not as fast as Mudah.my, as in immediate buyer for real.

CONS: Max 4 photos.

FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE.

Now there is a trick to post your items in Facebook. You wont get it via laptop to have your item as SELL SOMETHING. I will need to rely on my mobile phone to have SELL SOMETHING features.

1) Click photos.
2) Select SELL SOMETHING, then your post will be in selling format. Enter title, price, description, location.



3) Next I go back to laptop/ pc, and do editing, cause the price currency was in euro, I need to change back to my country dollar format to avoid confusion. And then as you can see...first you make sure the information is all correct.


 Then you can directly post the same post to FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE, or all the Facebook Groups you are in. You should be seeing this POST TO MORE PLACES.
Directly post one short, so you no need manually go to FACEBOOK MARKETING/ FACEBOOK GROUP to keep upload photos and description.

4) Mark as sold or delete the post once it has been sold, Facebook will mark your items as sold, and deleted the post (if you delete the original post).




This is the screen shot if you use FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE and not from your own facebook profile/ facebook group.


For example, once you upload in your personal Facebook, Facebook will detect it is a FOR SALE item and encourage you directly post the same posts into FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE, so you don't need to keep join so many Facebook Groups to sell your things.

This should be the link, but I don't think it is applicable to all Facebook profile yet: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace



However, my own Facebook do not have FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE features, yet my items shown at the market place. (I using my own Facebook mobile features to do all this). Anyway, the inquiries is high as well. If i delete the original/ master post after I sell, it won't shown again in any other facebook group or marketplace at least.



Option 2: Post in all facebook groups related with the words such as: preloved, garage, second hand, used, country, etc.

My last option would probably LOWYAT cause their forum garage sales are very old settings, and you can't monitor properly, cause all mudah.my, carousell, facebook has app and keep me updated.

enjoy selling/ buying!

If you would like to check out my preloved/ new items, this is the facebook photo album: https://www.facebook.com/suki.ong.96/media_set?set=a.430341853781960&type=3





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner