Malaysia ge14 - victory, history, emotional


9 May 2018 - as usual, I fulfill my duty as a Malaysian citizen every general election terms, to vote for the party that I want. I gonna be honest with you..i have no idea what's happening in the political speech campaign, because I already know in my childhood times, where government control media and there is always no absolute answer. Corruption, bribes, death threats, murder related with political issues, weak replies when being probed, where some of us have to stay in fear, fear of being jailed, or getting killed. 

Those answers of "eat kangkung, sugar price hike up, there fore eat less sugar better for your health" "2.6 billions gift donation by Saudi Arabia, where the wife is only a housewife but all public photos indicate so many different luxury brand she owned." serious, I don't bother to see their speeches because it is dramatic and abusive with many jokers spinning tales.

I am only a middle income woman where I need to work 2-3 jobs to sustain my parents and whole family. Full time pay isn't sufficient, no jobs for elderly people and they have to rely on us. Education system homeschool wasn't recognized in malaysia yet the education system itself was so weak for our kids. Pampers and milk powder, daycare babysitting, can opt to rm1000 per kid. No family even dare to make. More kids with such a high cost lifestyle.  Even going to cinema of paying rm15 make me step back not to go... All. Kinds of worry yet we stay in Malaysia our own country, we have to go through all these struggles. Ask other friends, everyone replies the same thing. Eating outside costs almost 30-40% of our salary, but we work harder and so little time. Being a housewife isn't an option anymore, both parents gonna work so hard and yet we can't see any money left every month. 

I signed up as a voter when I was in a Chinese temple festival at Ampang. It was so impactful. It was 2010 I think. A Booth showing all teo beng hock photo, without hesitation I sign up. Remembering all those innocent murders for eg: atlanluya, lawyer anthony, and many more makes me feel sad. Keep deny, no solid answers, and unsettled court case. Police was under government control as well I believe. As there is no news, no question, no further investigation. Always say I will. Look into this matter but all. Just being said but nothing has been done. So many cover ups. Suddenly feel. Sad as our opposition has to fight so hard while. Living in fear or threats or even potential murder could be happen to them.  Who knows? I mean it is very obvious many are killed and there was no justice. You will feel that only if you are close to those murdered brutally. I don't know them, but I feel there is no justice for them. 

 Then it came bersih, ubah shout out, so surprised so many Malays showing support in the rally. I can feel the changes and the vibes. It is no longer which race against which race. Staying united and making sure our petition, our act will. Be known worldwide. Ge13,  I was so nervous, seeing the results restlessly, seeing everyone catching phantom ghost fake non Malaysian voters, blackout every general. Election again (don't you have any other tactics? I'm so bored of it) 
My heart dropped when. I saw sabah Sarawak garnered so many bn seats. But I saw dap opposition has growing population, that's nice. 

So many murders later popping up just to cover 1mdb, and 1mdb money laundering was discovered by international investigators. Why all projects invested destined to fail? Sometimes those funds offer like rm500 a year, as in rm60 a month to sustain living?Wait till 18 years old Only entitled to get rm2000 for our children? Ridiculous facts. 

Everyone cries for pain when gst is being introduced. Then it comes to petrol no. Longer subsided by government. But we need to pay gst, income tax.  My elderly couldn't get vitamin supplements from government clinic, cause no more support. Then it makes me thinking- what is the government helping us  nowadays?



Ge14. Grabcar to my voting area. As usual,  seeing bn, pakatan, pas booth outside. Luckily no one approach and asked me to vote for them. My mind is straight  to the point. Line up, vote,  go back wait for results.

I can tell you I don't have high expectations. I tell to. Myself: "be it till my very last breath, I shall vote while I can."
 We are struggling, and depression and sorrow heard within our family and friends. I have been sharing pakatan harapan logo and encourage everyone to vote online. I did the same in ge13. I was told mahathir helping opposition now.  I was like okay, good also. More supporters. That's all. In ge13, it is no longer voting for individual, it has been told and I have also been influenced that we shall vote for the party instead of the candidate.
I saw so many bn flags at every where, yet I shout and cheer when strangers holding pakatan flags in their car. 


I really miss and love this photo as I entered into school. All united regardless any race religion, discrimination. When I heard some politicians still using own race don't help back own race kinda speech, it really make me wonder, for real? Don't you have any better things to say? But the interesting and funny videos are definitely from tony pua. With all the roles he played in portraying najib cases, haha! 


Wondering who are they voting for? It is always Serious and tense kinda situation. 


As this is not my first time voting, I already know the procedure: spr announce my ic number, check my face matches my ic,  dip my left finger into blue ink, pass me ballot papers for states and parliament, head over to the voting area, mark a cross on the party that you want to vote, fold the paper, insert into the box. There will be three more officers checking as spr shouts out my ic number. They will do indication that you have came for voting. 


I would say I really make a double checking since pas and pakatan have similar circle logo on photo stated yellow and white paper. Ensuring no stains, double check I cross the right logo. 


As usual,  the whole social. Media and selfie with all those beautiful fingers. This year lots of paca volunteers signing up, yet I have doubts how can I contribute. Then, pop up all those stories like friends didn't see many younger voters, or replying that they are not interested or don't want to be involved in voting. If you are not responsible Malaysian, don't bother to complain your life is struggling. The Spirit to fight is so weak in youngsters nowadays. 


So what we see next is just have to sit back at home waiting for results. I was glued to online live unofficial results from 5pm - 230am. What do I do? Start watching back all ge campaigns and speech the politicians given. I start to see mahathir videos. He is 93 years old, his videos are really touching, who wouldn't want to retire and stay out of political business at this age? 
Siti cried, mahathir says be patient, I will. Try my best to save Malaysia. He and god heard our sorrow and pain. He is willing to forgive,  and attend endless campaign to defeat the current government while bn has use so many ways to against the ph. Of course this is politic, it is normal to debate against each other. Then it pop out with afizi, azmin ali, many more. I was crying non stop, heartache seeing tun has to stay so strong at 93. I know he is the modern father of Malaysia, but his words finally make sense to the rakyat and in political speech. His influence is so strong and I doubt rosmah bomoh didn't inform najib and rosmah on this ge14 future results? 

Initially from the start, I don't really bother. I have too much high hope in ge13 when Sarah and Sarawak grabbed major bn seats. But when night falls, the numbers are peaking up. Video showing batu menang, more pakatan is winning. It was so tension and intense feeling. I was glued to the phone and tv, seeing all the typical blackout again, I already foresee this will happened. Then spr refused to sign form, all paca and captain stood up. Crowds rushing to scene to prevent additonal ballot boxes or moving away real counting ballots. I vowed to join as paca next ge seeing such nonsense happen again. 

I stayed up till 2am. I even joke and posts that seems the ge14 results is more intense than how I feel during my wedding or when I deliver my baby. 
My kid says blue finger one whole day, pointing flags at everywhere, and I just whispered "pakatan light blue". My kid must have know how excited I am. He stayed up with me till 130am. Whatsapp has been busy and hot topic about the result. Intense and frustration as spr delayed the results. All keep waiting, public holiday or not the following day is not important, we just want to know the result. 230am. I saw unofficial results 112 pakatan won Simple majority. I cried so much that I couldnt believe. Overseas voters beg strangers to bring back their votes, some even fly all the way back just to cast votes and perhaps a reason for a short holiday and spend some time with family. Our Muslim friends have the same situation like we do, Malaysians must ubah else we might have nothing left for us. 
I cried so much till eyes swollen. It's happening, we had the victory. It is historical. Mahathir, anwar and his whole family, Mr lee guan eng and lee kit siang, after 60 years, rakyat hidup, rakyat ubah. With your determination, and your voices, we listen to each other. 3am, I was told to go to sleep else I will become zombie if I have to work the next day. 6am I woke up. Turn on my wifi, praying no funny bomoh or jumping numbers in the results. Prayers have been heard. Pakatan win simple. Majority. 
Cry for joy. Seeing sunrise that have never been so beautiful, fresh air, beautiful twin tower. Opposition won finally in my life, I can witness when I am alive. Dream. Come true, I can tell you I have never been into politics or patriotism. Merdeka and jalur gemilang have been a repetitive event, but it is a brand new merdeka on 10 May 2018.

Congratulations seen  in whatsapp group. Then drama unfold. Agong need to endorse mahathir to announce him as prime minister. Waited at home One whole day, praying no more hanky panky from bn. Catching all online media and facebook page, restless reporters, running here and there with the catching bomb timing. 

Seeing mahathir live conference and tired looks from all opposition leaders, restless nights 24/7.

Watching sejahtera Malaysia from tv2 makes me cry. Never feel so emotional and patriotic before. 



Okay, morning till 5pm, then postponed to 930pm. 





Live at tv2. I have to witness the whole process of agong appointing mahathir as prime minister, only I feel in ease. 60 years. 3 hours sleeping in 2 days. All. Worth it.  So worth it. Priceless.

At that point of time, party hopping from bn to pakatan to get simple. Majority was crazy. It was not those clubbing hopping... I mean we already know that this kinda hopping will happen. Even agong and sultan gonna get involved for the sworn in decision making. 
All cursing and praying sabah and perak party as they are fighting. And many things happen these few days:

1) Bn hops to pakatan. Unity wasn't there. Immediate betray when  seeing bn total defeat. 
2) Najib manifesto seems too much for me to digest, as I couldn't see how it benefits Malaysian. 
3) Najib and Rosmah plan to leave the country and how honest, najib even declared he is flying off on social media. but later he was barred and blacklisted by immigration officer.
4) Najib quits from bn and umno. Kinda expecting but well... 
And more stories unfold. I won't repeat all good news floating online. 

And I write this as a diary memory, where I can. Show to my family, my future generation, to all malaysians, we made it!

Najib fans, you can still support bn or najib, just that we found a better prime minister and real leaders who want to save our home land instead of surrender to all Abusive political power,  Money bribes, or our live back to the struggle and depressing lifestyle. 

And may the victory journey begin. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner