Ampang Fishball Noodles @Pandan Indah - Traditional Fishcakes, Fried BeanCurd Skin

11 June 2016 - My food hunt at Ampang/ Cheras continues as if I am going for one shop after another. Well, when you come to Pandan Indah, most of the good ones will open independent shops serving only what they are good at. Well, don't really expect air-conditioned or fine dining please. Come here for the local Malaysia food, and you might think all the sweats are just worth it, haha!




So, I passed by this Ampang Fishball Noodles for few rounds, but just couldn't find the right time to try their fishball noodles. Well, finally, here I am!





Wow, so many choices to choose, hmmm...what is nice for me and my kid? All fish fish fish.....have to refer their photos to visualize what I gonna eat.




Finally, ordered their dry keoy teow noodles served with fried fish cake slices and 3 little fishballs. What I like is that they do not really have strong bean sprouts noodles soup smell. (Normally, most stalls or shops that serve fishball noodles, they give you a lot of bean sprouts, and the bean sprout has such a strong nasty smell that I don't like). Instead, they give you a bit of sweet preserved radish (choy pou in Cantonese terms). I also like the dark soy sauce they use for their noodles, giving you extra flavour on the noodles.




Here is their fried beancurd skin RM 4.50. I was so in love with this, that I take away another pack of crispy fishcakes!



And so, I also take away their traditional fried fish cakes, and then fried dumpling. finish all within minutes.

My food review: What I like about them is that at least you can taste the real fish meats in their fishballs and fishcakes, unlike some other places where they let you eat flour and starches, more than the real fish meats.

###

Restoran Ampang Fishball

Address: 14G, Jalan Perubatan 2, Pandan Indah, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +60 12-388 9230
Open daily, Mon - Sun, 8:30am - 5pm



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner