Suki Jezz in Brisbane, Australia - Day 5 at Brisbane River - Story Bridge, South Bank Parkland, Kangaroo Point

26 April 2016 - I was excited to meet Mark Davis, whom we met in couchsurfing website, probably 6 years ago.

We had a quick meet up back in KL, and after few months, Mark brings his boys for a supper time with me in Jalan Ipoh, KL. Boys, those were fun moments, seeing the kids trying to eat bak kut teh and dim sum.

And since I am in Brisbane, it's Mark's turn to bring me around. We whatapps each other to meet up in Queen Street Mall.

As I reached QSM early, I saw there is lots of tourist souvenirs shops, and for this shop, Tourist House, they sell cheap souvenirs, toys, badges, photo, postcards and many more.






Finally at 10:15am, I got to meet up Mark! Seeing him dress up in beach wear, you must be wondering where are we going, LOL!

Oh ya, Mark Davis is a great speaker and coach. He writes his own motivational book as well. So, if your company is looking for a motivational speaker:

Coach Mark Davis:
+65 9055 0445

+66 94 997 3007

+61 404 178 126

Email: coachmarkdavis@gmail.com

Website: http://www.markdavis.com.au



Mark was like, "Well, let's head down for some nice coffee!" So, we went to Sugar and Spice coffee, and everything is nice. Cosy cafe in the busy street of Brisbane.



I was curious with the spices, so I ordered the chai tea to try. See the perfect foam and it was creamy, nice and smooth...not to mention the chai herbs is strong yet flavorful.

Sugar 'N Spice Cafe
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SugarnSpiceCafe/

Address: 198 Adelaide St, Brisbane QLD 4001, Australia

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/Mc1TKXWhzRv

Phone:+61 7 3221 2222

Email: spicecoffee@hotmail.com





So this is the story bridge where I had seen at night. Story Bridge is a heritage-listed steel cantilever bridge spanning the Brisbane River that carries vehicular, bicycle and pedestrian traffic between the northern and the southern suburbs of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.



Took a quick shot during the daytime. And I and Mark start moving our ass walking towards Story Bridge.




I was like, telling Mark, "I am ready to walk across the bridge!" But after such a long tiring walk, yeap, totally an unfit person I am, and I lose to Mark, who walked across the bridges like almost everyday as exercise. (What?!)



Finally, we reached Kangaroo Point, a suburb of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, located directly east across the Brisbane River from the Brisbane central business district.




Mark telling me many people take up the challenge and doing bootcamp by running up and down the stairs for hardcore fitness, pretty steep with lots of steps.




Some even do outdoor rock climbing on Kangaroo Point Cliff, however, you can climb only only the safe area. Some even do the rock climbing at night.

Info: http://www.brisbane-australia.com/brisbane-climbing-adventures.html





Amazing scenery I wouldn't forgot. The Brisbane city, and I am across the river, hey!



They offer ferry rides as well, but we prefer to walk to check out things on ground. But if I were given the chance and if I have more time, I wouldn't mind to enjoy a ferry ride.

Kangaroo Point
Website: http://www.kangaroopoint.com.au/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kangaroopoint/




Googled and just found out we are entering South Bank Parkland now. Beautiful public park of lawns, gardens & playgrounds, plus a river-swimming beach & a Ferris wheel.



There is a beautiful Epicurious Garden, supported by TAFE QLD. What I like is that:

The gardener volunteers (onsite from 7-11.30am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays) will teach and guide you to see what fresh produce looks, feels and smells like; learn about inner-city gardening; or read recipe suggestions and learn how to cook with fresh produce in your own home. All produce in the garden is organic, and is rotated seasonally throughout the year.

If you stop by from 7am-2pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, you can also collect free produce from the garden’s harvest cart. FREE??!!!! Yes, free it is. The cart operates on first-in, best-dressed basis, so get in early to avoid disappointment.

http://www.visitbrisbane.com.au/south-bank/things-to-do/epicuriousgarden?sc_lang=en-au




See the beautiful organic plants available for you to pluck!




What I like is that, they even have an outdoor water theme park free for the children to enjoy water activities. I was like, what?! How come everything seems free in Brisbane? Well, the water theme parks in Malaysia is based on expensive entrance fee, you know? So I was amazed how government of Australia is making an effort for the locals lifestyle, as well as for the tourists.





Mark told me those shops in the front of the Street Beach was slightly expensive, so we head down, just a quick 3 minutes walk and reach Plough Inn.




so many choices, now, which beer is your favourite? I believe all these beers are australian beers, mate!






But I end up just take the ice lemon tea, while Mark goes for Matilda Bay beer.

The Plough Inn

What they serve - Steaks, ribs; more in a huge 19th-century pub with a beer garden, a deck and a sports bar.
Website: http://ploughinn.com.au/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ploughinnsouthbank/timeline

Address: 29, Stanley Street Plaza, Stanley St, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
Phone:+61 7 3844 7777
Opening hours: Mon-Fri (11:00 am - 1:00 am), Sat-Sun: (10:00 am - 1:00 am)

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/dEoS8BiiAAJ2




Ah ha, so this is where Mark bringing me, a man made beach named Street Beach. Streets Beach has a sparkling-clean, crystal-clear lagoon with white-sand beaches, palm trees, pebbled creeks and shady shallows surrounded by subtropical trees and exotic plantings. Well, of course, all man-made and nothing is natural. I was giving a try to go into the water in bikini but it was way too cool for me to swim or to even dip inside.



I am freezing actually.....



Behind me is The Wheel of Brisbane, a Bussink R60 transportable Ferris wheel. It is "almost" (why almost?) 60 metres tall. Entry Fee is AUD 19, but Mark told me you can get really cheaper via groupon. Wow, even such ride can get it from GroupOn.

Website: http://www.thewheelofbrisbane.com.au/




And finally, the iconic colorful Brisbane sign as a memory!




Passed by Victoria Bridge Abutment - a heritage-listed road bridge at 74 Stanley Street, South Brisbane, City of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. It was designed by Alfred Barton Brady and built in 1896 by Arthur Midson. This is the remaining as a history and memory. During olden days, local Brisbane rely a lot on water transport to cross the other side for commercial retail, ride to work, and many more.




The story of The Hector Vasyli memorial commemorates an eleven year old newspaper boy who was killed in 1918 when welcoming home soldiers.



And finally, Mark walked me back to CBD, and yet again in the food court, I tried my luck on Asian Vietnam food, but it was really cold and tasteless. Grrr, I gotta stop hit on Asian food that I am not familiar with at all! Cried as this is my lunch.

Luckily, the amazing dining moment is the seafood lunch in Omero Bros, Gold Coast makes my food trip awesome!

###

What about you? Any nice Brisbane travel experience to share? Or perhaps some local advice? Share with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner