Sunday Vegetarian Buffet Brunch @ The Gange Cafe, Bangsar

17 April 2016 - It was a lazy hot Sunday, and I decided that since I and baby were free, I went to join the Meet Up event, where I have been disappeared since 1 year ago.

The KL Vegans and Vegetarians propose to have a meetup in The Gange Cafe in Bangsar, and I can't wait to try the Vegetarian Gujarati Cuisine in Bangsar.





So I reach at 1pm, pushing the stroller with my baby sleeping in it, into the limited space provided in the shop. We are like squeezing ourselves sitting as our chairs are just against each other. whoever sitting inside, she or he has to be thin enough to make way through to reach out for the food.




I was asking my girl friend, Lyaan how was the food since she arrived earlier. "So exotic!" she replied. So I started off with the appetizer section, took Khandi aka yellow chee cheong fun India style, the deep fried Dal Vada and Manchurian, and of course curry puffs. thumbs up as I love the Manchurian and Dal Vada; the mini curry puff was with little fillings inside.




Salad to make a great appetizer for your start for the buffet, I super love the crispy Papadam/ papadum. I will always want to grab as many as I could, whenever I go to order mixed rice or banana leaf rice.





So there you go, this is my first plate of the vegetarian lunch, adding on the mint sauces, creamy mushroom soup, rice, and sour cabbages and mixed long beans.




You can get to choose your very own flat bread.



Here are some of the main courses, appealing vegetables.






Different dahl for you to enjoy with the flat bread or the rice.




Here is our gang of the day! the vegetarian and vegan lovers. Most of them discuss and talk about protecting the environment, go green, save the animals, and so forth. I can see some of the customers ordering lassi and their Gange Pranic Green Juice (herbs, spices, leaves). Heard that Barat, a fine vegetarian cuisine which is just located few blocks away belong to the same owner of Ganga as well.

I didn't manage to eat much as my baby cries and shown tantrum, must be the hot weather and me being blur not knowing he is actually crying for milk. My friend joked saying that "Baby dislikes vegetarian, silly!" Oppsie!

Upon paying the bill, I was surprised that actually it has increased up to RM21 per head for the buffet lunch. Hmm, it is not cheap for a vegetarian buffet, but you are a fan of rice and vegetables, and you can eat non-stop from 10am till 3pm, well, probably it's worth it for you!




Found this from their Facebook, so that you can plan ahead if you are looking for the Sunday Brunch buffet or ala-carte dine-ins.

Brunch Buffet Sundays: 10am to 3pm, at RM21 per pax

Ala Carte on Mon - Sat: 8:30 am tilll 9:30pm.

Ala Carte Menu: http://www.theganga.com.my/ganga-menu.pdf

###

The Ganga Cafe, Bangsar
Website: http://www.theganga.com.my/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thegangacafe/timeline

Add: 19 Lorong Kurau, Off Jalan Riong, Bangsar Pertama, 59100 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: 03-2284 2119

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/iSveg99JNCH2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner