Special function Chinese meal courses @ Marco Polo Restaurant 富臨門酒家 in Wisma Lim Foo Yong

9 April 2016 - I remembered when I was young, we always go for proper chinese restaurant for dimsum and the main dishes. With the bad economy arising over the years, chinese restaurant no longer serve the same cuisine like what they used to have. some standard had dropped like really super low quality, where I suspected they even not hiring local chinese chefs, or proper chefs who know how to cook fine chinese cuisine.

However in Marco Polo, it is a different story. They maintain the old Chinese cuisine with fantastic story behind.

I was here for my uncle's birthday celebration, as he will always have the dinner function at Marco Polo Restaurant, given the long queue of countless elderly singing karaoke, and the grandchildren will be on stage to perform some K-pop and singing to impress the audience and my uncle.




Marco Polo Restaurant is famous for their Peking Duck and Dim Sum. They definitely give you their best service in Chinese cuisine. The spacious area where you can always organize your wedding and special function, nice ambiance, superb comfortable air-conditioned area, friendly staff to ensure you enjoy your dine-in moment, dim lights, chandelier, a small stage for performers or simply a toast to your guests. Want some privacy? They have private rooms for your business and friends meet up as well.





So this is the typical Chinese meal courses. although I was surprised yet to see them serve shark fin in the restaurant.




This is the double boiled shark fin with comboy / scallop and chicken. I asked: "I cannot find any shark fin also." and my mom pointed the shark fin as per the photo below.




so this is the real shark fin. Jeez, I always ate those in shreds. For the first time I get to eat Shark fin in such size.



Next,wwwwwwwuiuuuuuuuuuuuuu...braised abalone with broccoli and mushrooms! >.<

I was like, omg, so excited! Such a big abalone and I only get to eat this probably twice a year? One during CNY season, and one more, depends if my mother has such stock of abalone. The chewy moment as I bite the abalone....yummy...just unable to describe any further....





My sister, Jac, found this double twin mushrooms and keep on take photo as it is extinct. Oh well....double fortune and prosperity?



Lastly, here comes the dessert sweetness time. this sweet kaya prosperity bun was served with the red bean and glutinous rice ball.



The red bean is not the normal red bean soup you can get from the night market. They boil the red bean till you cannot even bite any beans at all, the reason is they boil the red bean soup in low heat yet long hours, causing the red bean soup truly as if the beans are totally blended as you drink it.




The largest glutinous rice ball I have ever tried. And biting half of the rice ball, inside there's red bean fillings as well. Simply superb!

I do notice they have some special Sunday buffet lunch though, serving you sashimi, dim sum, and assorted Chinese dish, making you a full stomach throughout the whole Sunday. Priced at RM 48++

Worth? Well, only you to find out, or perhaps I will drop by in one of the Sundays.

It's the right time to get real nice dimsum in KL, because I cannot get nice dimsum no more.

Marco Polo Restaurant 富臨門酒家 in Wisma Lim Foo Yong
Website: http://marcopolo.com.my/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarcoPoloRestaurant/timeline

Reservation and Tel: 03-2141 2233

Email: marcopolorestaurant@yahoo.com

Add: 1st Floor, Wisma Lim Foo Yong, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/8p7ekoSdB2r
Tips: When you search for the place, probably you key in Wisma Lim Foo Yong instead. Or else, you will be feeling weird that you found the Marco Polo in Italy!

Let me know if you have been to Marco Polo Restaurant before, or else it's the time for you to explore the Chinese food adventure, as Marco Polo Restaurant, giving you quality food with reasonable price since 1980.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner