Moderate dining moment at Nyonya/ Peranakan food Straits Food Company, Bangsar

22 Nov 2015 - After enjoying our banana leaves rice in Nirwana this morning, my family and I intended to try out Nyonya Food in Straits Food Company in Bangsar as our dinner treat.





As you can see, the design and the branding was modernized and conceptualize. Unfortunately, the whole restaurant was operated by the foreigners.




Here is the food that we order: popiah, nyonya laksa, Ayam Pongteh (nyonya chicken and potato stew)


I can taste the juicy big-cut sized radish in their popiah, but I would say it is moderate for me. So far, the modern popiah that I liked is Sister Popiah, where you can get it in most of the shopping centres.




Their ayam ponteh, was braised at the right flavour. both chicken and potato stew are soft, flavourful, flavored with taucheo(fermented soy bean sauce) and gula Melaka (palm sugar) in the dark soya sauce.





Nyonya laksa. as you can see, this is gonna be fattening for me.  Polygonum Vietnamese mint or daun kesom, Belacan, candlenuts are the laksa main ingredients. Why such laksa colour? Due to the fresh turmeric. Always enjoy tofu puffs that soak up the broth of this laksa as you take a bite of it, followed by cucumber slices as topping. And after I explaining you all this, I am sorry to inform you that Straits Food Co Nyonya Laksa was just okay, nothing special. Maybe we went there at night, and thus gone the flavour? What had happened?

It was not my best Nyonya food experience, nor the worst...yet...

My best nyonya food experience so far: http://jesonestop.blogspot.my/2012/10/art-culture-identity-central-market.html


Straits Food Company, Bangsar
Website: https://www.facebook.com/straitsfoodcompany
Address: 2, Jalan Abdullah, Bangsar Utama, 59000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone:+60 3-2202 0038
Open everyday· 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner