Yu Garden, Shanghai

*This article has been published in Flyme360 June 2016

http://www.flyme360.com/magazines/FlyMe360_jun_16.pdf (page 12 -15)

Subscribe to flyme360.com and grab your free e-mag rightaway.

Yu Garden, comes back alive from the past

Yu garden, the only place at Shanghai which makes me going back to the years of dynasty. This is real perseverance of keeping everything in place is really challenging. Yuyuan Garden,a famous classical garden located in Anren Jie, Shanghai. The garden was completed in 1577 by a government officer of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) named Pan Yunduan. For further history details, you can click this link:

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/shanghai/yuyuan_garden.htm

Yu Garden


Imagine during those days without machines involved. The hard work of fined craftsmanship done bit by bit, the stronger man with the higher spirits to build such a mass beautiful garden. Well, regardless they rebuild it or they make it as a tourism destination. The rebuild architectural construction was as same as what it was. I have the pictures before and after, and it is exactly the same. Why must you come here? Check this out:

http://www.yuyuantm.com.cn/yuyuan/En/Index/

The palace

The one that make me interesting is the nine-bend bridge, with hexagonal bridge being built. (I was counting the angles…just to confirm the history, I know it was stupid, but it satisfies me when I am sure that thing is correct)

1..2..3...9,ok, 9 angles!


And then I found the Chinese version of Edward Scissorsman…he was observing his client while cutting out the exact same client’s face, using a pair of scissors and red paper. I don’t think I can do that in a short time of learning how to do it, so might as well, just offer the artist to cut something out from the paper for you.




Oops, I found a belly dancer guy, which I m curious, if they are so hot, why bother to put on a tee? I cannot see any six packs but just one round belly (3 months old pregnant?). Lifting up a tee till the stomach level is a trend for china guys. What a fashion trend!

The contestant of Mr China Belly


Okay, when there are people, here is the food. I am not sure it is delicious or popular or affordable, everyone seems do not mind to line up at this specific restaurant, Nan Xiang, to order their ‘xiao long pao’ the shanghai dumplings with the juices and savoring pork inside.



Oh, so this is my ancestors used to live! Just kidding, the famous building. So I bet this is the Yuhua Hall as mentioned at the previous links I recommend to you. The few walls to make the garden even more persona and personal.

beautiful...


Walking behind, noticed these two lions guarding the temple at Yu garden.

Safeguard

And moving on, I found this guy demonstrating the old times when western comes to china to introduce video filming during the long long long time ago.


 



Walk again, ah ha! Something different. A lady was drawing on the tee shirt. (Live) again. Well, not something I can see such artistic people at Kuala Lumpur. Notice her drawing the tiger quietly and calmly, therefore I do not dare to disturb her.



1-2 hours at there, volla, here comes the evening scenery. Oh ya, by the way, try to go there earlier to have a look at the Cheng Huang temple or City God temple. I heard that it is a very historical old temple which you cannot afford to miss it. I was disappointed that I was late to reach there, but I shall come again another time, here is the info! http://www.yuyuantm.com.cn/yuyuan/En/Tourism/temple.aspx




Walked by this cute little shop where they use ‘so familiar’ words to convey the message of good well-cooked noodles. Get someone who knows how to read Chinese to look at this picture.




Okay, street art. This time, a Chinese artist drew a naked lady. Something I can’t see at Kuala Lumpur, because it is against the main religion at Malaysia. I understand, but I will fall in love in such art though.

The end. Catch me again for next blog of episodes...




*****

Hey ya! Thanks for dropping by....do you have any comments or thoughts after reading my blog? I always love 2-way communication, do leave a comment in the comment box below, alright? Thanks!

Enjoy Life in Good Ways,
Suki Jezz

Comments

tyng said…
there are street art in Malaysia lah. In shopping malls. You can see those artistic people in melaka.
piggy091385 said…
tyng, thanks for your info. please do share if there is any outstanding interesting streetart people around, thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

RESTORAN CHAN HAINAM KOPITIAM 赞记海南冰 yulek cheras - petai char keoy teow, hainam coffee

CANAI HE&ME Malaysia product review

少康跌打医草局 中医师 Tabib Cina Siew Hong, chow Tit tar - Chinese medicine practitioner